Thursday, May 22, 2014

393,792 Free Images for Your Campaign

 The Metropolitan Museum of Art has released hundreds of thousands of searchable images into the public domain for the best possible reason - because they felt like it. They're only available for non-commercial use, but that's perfect for home-brewers like our OSR community.  I, for one, am delighted at this turn of events.

Here are a few samples that I pulled up without half trying:

Okay, OKAY! I'll buy some candy for your kid's stupid school!


 

Nude Monster-Fighting = Metal-as-Fuck


This is (apparently) what happens when you ask someone who has a surplus of porcelain what a manticore should look like:

And this is what happens when you search for images of prostitutes (strictly for game purposes, of course)
The only thing more "D&D city encounter" than a hooker is a hooker who chills with 7-headed beasts


I could keep going like this all day, but I'll just not instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment